Culadasa's book?

Front Page Forums Dharma Book Discussion Culadasa's book?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  John Massey 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Progressive Stages of Meditation in Plain English by Upasaka Culadasa has been my main guide for meditation practice. I have read others like Focused and Fearless, Beyond Mindfulness in Plain English, and other such books dealing with jhana meditation. None have compared to the simple paper I found on Jhana Insight.

I haven’t been keeping up with the podcasts lately, but about six months ago I heard that Culadasa was going to have a book published by Wisdom books. Whatever happened? Is it still in progress?

Even if he just published it as an ebook through Amazon, I would buy it no matter the cost.

Just wondering.

Blake Barton
    Keymaster

Hi Mitchell,

I talked with Culadasa and he said the manuscript should be done by mid August. Wisdom books has estimated that it will be published 16-18 months after the manuscript is received. Culadasa is looking at options to get it published sooner.

Blake

Anonymous

You’ve probably already considered this option, but in case not: I would love to pre-order the book for an electronic copy! 16-18 months is quite a long wait.

John Massey

Does anybody know if there has been any more news regarding Culadasa’s upcoming book??

Blake Barton
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Culadasa has decided to self publish the book, and last I heard he is targeting a Fall release. We will make an announcement here when it is ready.

Thanks,
    Blake

John Massey

Great, thanks Blake

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.