Tips about Connecting

Front Page Forums Meditation Tips about Connecting

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ivan Ganza 8 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bakary Dieye

Hello,
    I’m reading “The Mind Illuminated” at the moment and it’s definitely transforming my practice.I have a question regarding connecting .It’s been introduced in the second stage although I understand that it is an advanced technique.
    How can you connect in silence ? comparing lenghts of in- and out-breaths…asking yourself questions without engaging in some form of self talk ?
    Thanks for your comments

Ivan Ganza

Hi Bakary,

My understanding is that this is not a conceptual pursuit. You wouldn’t be really thinking about it and then having an internal dialog. It’s more like you want to ‘know’ the length and what is happening. This knowing is similar to how you do tasks that you are already familiar with. Take driving as an example, you probably know where your car is on the road without thinking thoughts about it? When making a tight or difficult turn you pay closer attention but you are probably not thinking but just knowing it/feeling it? Hope that helps to clarify somewhat?

Cheers,
    -Ivan/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.