New Email System for Dharma Treasure Community

Front Page Forums Dharma Treasure Community Information New Email System for Dharma Treasure Community

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Becky C 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Blake Barton
    Keymaster

Dear Dharma Treasure Community Members,

To better serve community members, and allow people to keep in touch with the forums more easily, we are changing up the email delivery system when new topics are posted. In our existing system, if you wanted to get emails from the forums you had to register with FeedBurner or subscribe to a topic, and only a small percentage of community members have done this. It is hard to stay in touch with the forums if you have to remember to regularly go and check them.

We have changed the system, so that everyone in the community will receive an email when a new topic is created. You will NOT receive an email anytime someone replies to a topic as we feel that this would result in too many emails.

If you do NOT wish to receive these emails, you may unsubscribe by replying to the message with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Please allow up to 7 days for the unsubscribe to be processed, because this is manual process, and we expect several when we switch to the new system.

If you have subscribed to the FeedBurner feed, you will still receive the daily email with all new topics and replies.

Culadasa wants to make the Dharma Treasure Community the primary support mechanism for students with TMI questions and issues, and he has encouraged the DT teachers and teachers in training to prioritize answering questions on the DT community over the TMI Reddit.

I encourage students to ask one or two questions at a time, since a multi-paragraph post with 8-10 embedded questions is a daunting task for teachers.

Thanks,
    Blake – Dharma Treasure Community Admin

JC

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Becky C

Me too!! THANK-YOU Culadasa, Blake and all ?

It means so much to have a solid system in place ❤

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.