Looking for inspirational buddhist art

Front Page Forums Inspirational Poems, Writings, Artwork etc. Looking for inspirational buddhist art

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Magnolia 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Magnolia

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of getting some buddhist art for my meditation room.
    Among other things that I can enjoy and get inspired by to practice with persistence.
    Or maybe a buddha statue.

Does anyone have any favourite motifs to recomend?

I like nature motifs but also inspiration to practice on the cushion.
    It is not urgent for my spiritual practice but if you enjoy writing about this stuff then I´d be happy for an answer.

Thanks for this whole dharma treasure.

Anonymous

Hello, This may not be what you are looking for, but you can buy a very inexpensive ($5.00), small poster of the Stages of Meditation, similar to what is in The Mind Illuminated, from the website below. The quality is not top notch, but it still looks very nice when framed. I have purchased it several times and given it out as gifts. I find it inspirational. I have ordered from one to five posters at a time, and the shipping is always the same, $8.47. The seller ships it very swiftly, in a study shipping cylinder.

https://gnosticteachings.org/store.html#!/Stages-of-Concentration-Poster/p/5543694/category=1363715

For more on the symbolic elements in the poster, please see (in addition to the Mind Illuminated of course!) the following site:

https://gnosticteachings.org/faqs/meditation/575-stages-of-meditative-concentration.html

Magnolia

Thanks Colleen!
    I now like the pictures in TMI even more. I liked reading about the meanings of the poster.
    It looks good. Will see if I get one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.