Additional Meditation practices

Front Page Forums Meditation Additional Meditation practices

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John Massey

Hi All,

Great to hear so much good advice being given out!!

Just a quick question regarding alternative/additional practices to compliment the 10 stages of Meditation practice. I practice according to the instruction given out in Culadasa’s written papers using the standard sensations of the breath at the tip of the nose and the lovely breath in the whole body technique. Are there any other practices that can be used to enhance the 10 stages practice that Culadasa has spoken about, iv been doing these for around a year now and although I still get a great deal out of them it would be nice to add some extra zest/freshness to my practice.

Cheers
    John

Anonymous

I’ve found walking meditation to be very helpful. It’s like an intermediary between samatha breath meditation and mindfulness in everyday life. Sometimes I think it’s under-emphasized because it’s more straightforward than breath meditation, and therefore less likely to be asked about. During the periods of time where I did half an hour of walking meditation per day, I definitely felt like I noticed a difference. In fact, posting this is reminding me that I need to make time to start doing that again 🙂

Loving-kindness meditation is also very helpful. I don’t have experience doing lengthy loving-kindness sits, but I like to do 2-5 minute meditations every day either before or after a samatha meditation sit. These can have a wonderful effect on the mind and heart, especially when experiencing stress.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.