Mountains aren't mountains and it sucks

Front Page Forums Principles of Dharma Mountains aren't mountains and it sucks

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Blake Barton 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jevan P

I just wanted to chime in and say that Jeremy Graves’ post was one of the better posts I’ve seen regarding Awakening on any internet forum.

I’d also like to say that love being an affective outcome of practicing the brahmavirahas is pretty easy to understand, but it is not clear why love is an affective outcome from the cessation of craving. And I think this confuses a lot of people, myself included. I can see how the cessation of craving leads to immense peacefulness, but the connection to ‘love’ is a bit fuzzy. Jeremy, do you know why, perhaps from the standpoint of cognitive science why this connection exists?

Blake Barton
    Keymaster

Hi Cheese,

Thanks for the follow up. I am very glad to hear that things are going well for you, and I think you are on the right track.

I recommend that you give the brahma viharas longer than a week. It can take awhile to settle into the practice and to see any benefits. I know one teacher who tries a practice for 6 months before determining its effectiveness, or recommending it to students.

Best of luck,
    Blake – Dharma Treasure Teacher

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  Blake Barton.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.