LIVE Online Course with Culadasa this Monday, 11/12

Front Page Forums Events LIVE Online Course with Culadasa this Monday, 11/12

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sanjeev 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

txsunbunny

Bringing The Mind Illuminated Method to Your Practice (Stages 4-7; previous enrollment isn’t necessary nor do you need to be a 4-7 meditator to enjoy!!!) on November 12, 2018 at 7:30 pm (CT)- 2 hours on Mind Oasis

This is your not-to-be missed opportunity to study with Upasaka Culadasa from the comfort of your home or anywhere you have a good internet or phone connection. The Mind Illuminated method is powerful, whether you are a beginner wanting to establish your practice or a seasoned veteran ready to master the deepest state of peace and mindfulness.

Register here: http://themindoasis.org/class/bringing-the-mind-illuminated-method-to-your-practice-stages-4-7/

Master Culadasa will discuss in detail, how to bring stages 4-7 of the ten stages of meditation onto your cushion, as outlined in his book – The Mind Illuminated. His last workshop was absolutely STELLAR – you do not want to miss this opportunity.

There will be time allotted for a Dharma talk, meditation practice, and plenty of Q&A.

A revolutionary, science-based approach to meditation from a neuroscientist turned meditation master, The Mind Illuminated method is an accessible, step-by-step toolkit for anyone looking to start—or improve—their daily meditation practice.

The Mind Illuminated is the first how-to meditation guide from a neuroscientist who is also an acclaimed meditation master. This innovative method is both deeply grounded in ancient spiritual teachings about mindfulness and holistic health, and also draws from the latest brain science to provide a roadmap for anyone interested in achieving the benefits of mindfulness.

Register here: http://themindoasis.org/class/bringing-the-mind-illuminated-method-to-your-practice-stages-4-7/

Malte Malm

Cost is 100$-150$ according to website

Malte Malm

Other alternatives to watching Culadasa online is monthly Patreon QnAs – I recommend them also, and are a bit cheaper.

Sanjeev

I am not able to post on the forum. So, I am posting my question here:
    I am wondering about the use of continuous noting within the TMI system. I understand the efficacy of labelling the mind wandering and returning attention back to breath as per TMI instructions. But, I wonder why we are not doing checking in and labelling continuously at stage 3 and in the higher stages as well? This is how a vipashyana practice would progress, I think. I suppose the continuous introspective awareness in stage 4 will make this unnecessary in TMI approach. But, I wonder why I am not constantly labelling a gross distraction in stage 4? Also, why I am not doing mindfulness of emotions, thoughts etc. at this stage. Where these wonderful practices enter in TMI scheme?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.