How attention feel

Front Page Forums Meditation How attention feel

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Vinnie 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Vinnie

Hi everyone

I’m new to this forum. First I would like to express my gratitude for this book, which really feels like a blessing. After practicing for some years not really doing what was happening or why, this book give me so much reasons to continue my practice, and at the same time so much more understanding and clarity!

I’m experimenting with the scope of attention and body scan. I have some trouble getting attention off the nose. Can you tell me if I’m correct saying that attention feels like a highlight of the sensations? Because when I put attention on my belly to start the body scan, I tend to feel still feel the ‘highlight’ of sensations at the nose AND belly at the same time. After some ‘struggle’ I manage to get rid of the one at the nose but still being aware of the breathing without the highlight.
    Am I correct thinking that in the first case I have attention both at the nose and belly, and in the second case attention at the belly and awareness only at the nose? If I am, is this how vicara feels?

Vinnie

Also, directing my attention to the same place for such a long time made me feel like I was kind of in control. But now trying to direct it elsewhere, seeing a even have a hard time taking it off my nose, or maintaining it in some precise spot, it made me understand that I have a lot of work to do to really be in control.
    I also find it is really helpful to do this training ( with the body scan, change of scope etc) because it helps me to know what is attention and how it works better. Sometimes now I recognize way more easily when something is ‘pulling for my attention’.
    I guess this is the point of the body scan and scope training?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.