TMI Local Groups

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  txsunbunny 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Alex K

Hello Everyone,

it seems that one thing that comes up repeatedly here or in the reddit forum, is the wish for practitioners to connect with others in their city. It seems more and more local groups are forming. But how do we find these, how do we make sure people know about it?

I am wondering if we should try to make a directory of local groups. Just a simple overview think of a web page, maybe broken down into sections with a heading by continent / country. Then in each section is a table with
    * continent/country/city name,
    * group name
    * contact information/link to website etc
    * schedule / location
    * maybe a _short_ comment

It would be super easy to get this going if we had a wiki, then it would basically be self service and there is no need to have any special software or system in place.

I know there was a plan to provide a wiki for dharma treasure. Does anyone know how this is going?

I would prefer to have such a overview connected with the dharma treasure website or forum. The alternative would be to see if we could host this in the reddit wiki or someplace else.

What do you think? Are there any concerns to host such an overview, maybe because we have nothing in place to know what the local groups are really doing? Any other ideas?

tjansen

Good idea. Please include virtual/online groups.

Matt4

… local groups…..yeah, that sounds nice. I bet authorized teachers are nationwide and might provide commonsense and glue to keep groups focused…….just a thought…………. matt

Alex K

Over here in europe there are many places where the next teacher is far away though. But speaking of teachers, I have some ideas on how we maybe could improve the listing of teachers. But one after the other. My post on reddit has created a little bit of attraction too, and we now have started a simple google sheet – not intended as the place where we want to have this information in the long run, but we can start collecting and connecting already.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ttJFTpk_t-vEdNfBivWoVBp0EzQuzYZqssqC-Y-2GCw/edit?usp=sharing

txsunbunny

Hi Friends!

I am the Founder and Executive Director of Mind Oasis. Our mission is to bring the timeless benefits of meditation to practitioners worldwide. I would love to host a weekly online gathering of TMI folks on MindOasis.org. Please feel free to email me: kelly@mindoasis.org if you have interest in facilitating an online sangha.

If you haven’t signed up, dear Culadasa is teaching on Mind Oasis tomorrow evening. Details here: https://mindoasis.org/classes/greatest-hits-culadasa/

Kindly,

Karuna

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.