Struggling immensely and confused

Front Page Forums Meditation Struggling immensely and confused

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Dunn 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Roger95227

Hello guys:

I have been meditating, following instructions from TMI for about 4 months. I was wondering if you guys can help me out on this!
    It seems like I do most of the appreciating the aha moment in the 4 stages of awareness of sensation ( from taking all sensation into limiting to breath by 4 stages). How long should I stay in this 4 stage? It seems like half of my practice week (3/4 days out of week) is mostly doing just that. If I do get past it i seem to never forget and basically go into stage 4/5 area where attention on breath is constant and forgetting/connecting technique happen very naturally. Often times though, I appear to get stuck on the mind wandering appreciating stage for full 1 hour 20 mins of meditation session. It confuses me because culadasa says that when one notices that one has forgotten the breah one should appreaciate this moment then gently go back to fully appreciating the “breath.” It appears that I’m gently going back fully appreaciating the “sensation” and it looks like I’m doing the aha moment in wrong stage of the meditation. Should I just do little bit of 4 stages to get grounded and go for stage 2 of following/connecting breath?
    Any advice?

Michael Dunn

Hello, Roger

The advice to pay attention to the aha moment of recollecting the object of meditation occurs at all stages that one is losing the object not just during the 4-step transition to the breath at the nose. When you do have an “aha” moment then make a mental note of that to reinforce this in the subconscious, then make an intention to return to where your meditation was before, which can be anywhere from Stage 1 – Stage 4 really. You are developing the skill to have your mind do this automatically in the later stages at an even more subtle level.

I recommend that you do the 4-step transition for a set period of time and then move on to the breath at the nose as the object because you seem to have this mastered quite well.

Regards
    Michael

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.