Good posts on TMI and Mindfulness

Front Page Forums Meditation Good posts on TMI and Mindfulness

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Alex K 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ivan Ganza

Greetings!

I’m wondering if anybody knows pointers or links to posts about Mindfulness, especially Mindfulness in Daily Life, on this forum. I wonder if Culadasa has posted something in the years that might be linked to?

I would like to add some more detail to recently topics, rather than write something myself, I am thinking there must be some golden posts already. Tried to search but the search feature did not seem to come up with anything I could use.

Thanks,
    -Ivan/ (DT Teacher in Training)

Magnolia

Hi dear Ivan,
    Maybe you allready know the teaching retreats? 🙂
    Anyhow, Culadasa has written some complimentary texts to his teaching retreats which are recorded and available eg at soundcloud.
    Two of them are:

The magic of mindfulness and Awakening in daily life.
    The hand outs could be useful, apart from the insightful and rich speeches.
    For me have they been a gem for understanding the practice.

Blaz Simcic

Ivan,

Culadasa wrote a really interesting article on dharmatreasure website: https://dharmatreasure.org/practice-in-ones-daily-life/. There’s also another post in the comments of the same article.

Blaz

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by  Blaz Simcic.

Ivan Ganza

Thanks much for the replies!

Becky

Ivan, Magnolia, Blaz,

Great topic! I am so inspired by the faq on practice in daily life.
    I’ve been listening to Culadasa’s “Stillness and Insight Retreat” and on Day 5 he talks about living like you’re already enlightened.

From my notes (so paraphrasing here):

A guiding principle is that anything that diminishes ignorance and craving brings you closer to awakening. Use the precepts as a guideline; if you find yourself doing something that’s not consistent with the precepts examine yourself. Bring the goal of awakening to every decision you make.

No self: stop being selfish; go from selfishness to selflessness = kindness and generosity

Of course mindfulness has to be present to do this 🙂

Becky
    Teacher-in-Training

Alex K

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.